Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road #1)
Author: Katie McGarry
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre/Themes/Demo: YA, Contemporary
Release Date: May 26th 2015
Page Count: 496
Format: Audiobook via Scribd/Hardcover
Author Website | Book Depository | Amazon | Chapters/Indigo
Goodreads | Kobo | Audible
Seventeen-year-old Emily likes her life the way it is: doting parents, good friends, good school in a safe neighborhood. Sure, she’s curious about her biological father—the one who chose life in a motorcycle club, the Reign of Terror, over being a parent—but that doesn’t mean she wants to be a part of his world. But when a reluctant visit turns to an extended summer vacation among relatives she never knew she had, one thing becomes clear: nothing is what it seems. Not the club, not her secret-keeping father and not Oz, a guy with suck-me-in blue eyes who can help her understand them both. Oz wants one thing: to join the Reign of Terror. They’re the good guys. They protect people. They’re…family. And while Emily—the gorgeous and sheltered daughter of the club’s most respected member—is in town, he’s gonna prove it to her. So when her father asks him to keep her safe from a rival club with a score to settle, Oz knows it’s his shot at his dream. What he doesn’t count on is that Emily just might turn that dream upside down. No one wants them to be together. But sometimes the right person is the one you least expect, and the road you fear the most is the one that leads you home.
- this one has been on my TBR for WAYYYYYY too long so I’m glad I was finally able to pick it up
- listened to it as an audiobook, which used two different narrators for the two different perspectives, which I always love
- at times, this felt a little too over the top
- our two main characters, Emily and Oz, drove me crazy for the first half of this novel…and not necessarily in a good way…they felt really childish at times
- the story itself was entertaining and it actually did contain a twist that I wasn’t expecting
- gave me the Sons Of Anarchy fix I didn’t know I needed
- I think I’ll be continuing with the series out of curiosity, but I’ll probably continue listening to the audiobooks rather than collecting the physical copies
About The Author
KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan. Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebook and Goodreads.
For more photos like this, follow @bigcitybookworm on instagram!
Thank you for reading!
3 thoughts on “#QuickThoughts: Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road #1) by Katie McGarry”
I always find that Katie McGarry’s books have a flair for drama, but are also so addictive. I have a soft spot for the bad boy biker angle so this series is my addiction haha. The next book in the series is my favourite, mainly because Razor is a total sweetheart.
LikeLiked by 1 person
omg okay, even from the first book I could tell I was going to like Razor! Now I’m really eager to continue whereas I was feeling a little hesitant before haha! 😛