Call Me By Your Name
Author: André Aciman
Publisher: Seven Seas
Genre/Themes/Demo: Manga, Comics
Release Date: September 20th 2017
Page Count: 180
Author Website | Book Depository | Amazon | Chapters/Indigo | Goodreads | Kobo | Audible
Andre Aciman’s Call Me by Your Name is the story of a sudden and powerful romance that blossoms between an adolescent boy and a summer guest at his parents’ cliffside mansion on the Italian Riviera. Each is unprepared for the consequences of their attraction, when, during the restless summer weeks, unrelenting currents of obsession, fascination, and desire intensify their passion and test the charged ground between them. Recklessly, the two verge toward the one thing both fear they may never truly find again: total intimacy. It is an instant classic and one of the great love stories of our time.
- really wanted to watch the film at TIFF, but it was so popular that I couldn’t get in
- I didn’t know it was based on a book until after the movie gained populatrity
- decided to read it before seeing the movie
- still haven’t seen it, but I plan to very soon
- very beautifully written, very poetic
- very reminiscent of A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood or Holding The Man by Timothy Conigrave
- slightly more explicit than I anticipated (this is not a complaint by any means, I just wasn’t expecting it)
- I now know what everyone means by “the peach scene” 🍑
- stay tuned for a movie/novel comparison!
About The Author
André Aciman is the New York Times bestselling author of Call Me By Your Name, Out of Egypt, Eight White Nights, False Papers, Alibis, and Harvard Square, and most recently Enigma Variations, now out in paperback. He’s the editor of The Proust Project and teaches comparative literature at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. He lives with his wife in Manhattan.
Thank you for reading!
2 thoughts on “Quick Thoughts: Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman”
I plan on reading that this summer! Get in the spirit of a summer getaway!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I hope you get around to it! Can’t wait to hear what you think! 😀