Letters To The Lost
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Genre/Themes/Demo: YA, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: April 4th 2017
Page Count: 400
Author Website | Book Depository | Amazon | Chapters/Indigo
I had recently heard a lot of my fellow book bloggers talk about this one and express their absolute LOVE towards it, so when I found it on Book Outlet for a great price, I just couldn’t resist. I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about it, but as you can see from my rating above, I absolutely ADORED it!
Juliet Young always writes letters to her mother, a world-traveling photojournalist. Even after her mother’s death, she leaves letters at her grave. It’s the only way Juliet can cope. Declan Murphy isn’t the sort of guy you want to cross. In the midst of his court-ordered community service at the local cemetery, he’s trying to escape the demons of his past. When Declan reads a haunting letter left beside a grave, he can’t resist writing back. Soon, he’s opening up to a perfect stranger, and their connection is immediate. But neither Declan nor Juliet knows that they’re not actually strangers. When life at school interferes with their secret life of letters, sparks will fly as Juliet and Declan discover truths that might tear them apart.
- I LOVED this one
- super fast paced and addicting
- it was one of those books that I just sat there and kept reading until I finished
- (the above is not something that happens to me very often)
- both of our main characters, Juliet and Declan, are dealing with loss
- they find each other by accident and communicate anonymously via letters and eventually emails
- both Juliet and Declan go to the same school and know of each other, but they don’t know that they’ve been communicating with each other anonymously
- you could say this story is kind of hate-to-love, but I wouldn’t go to the extreme of saying they ever really and truly hated each other
- beautifully written story about two teens helping each other through hard times
About The Author
BRIGID KEMMERER is the author of LETTERS TO THE LOST (Bloomsbury; April 4, 2017), a dark, contemporary Young Adult romance; THICKER THAN WATER (Kensington, December 29, 2015), a New Adult paranormal mystery with elements of romance; and the YALSA-nominated Elemental series of five Young Adult novels and three e-novellas which Kirkus Reviews calls “refreshingly human paranormal romance” and School Library Journal describes as “a new take on the supernatural genre.” She lives in the Baltimore area with her husband and four sons.
Thank you for reading!