Last Tuesday, I had the opportunity to visit the Indigo Books & Music head offices in Toronto for their Fall YA Preview! I had the pleasure of attending the Spring YA Preview so I was super excited about being a part of an event like this once again! It’s always such a fun bookish night with all of my bookish friends!
Let’s take a look at some of the titles that were featured and which ones I’m the most excited about!
It’s kind of funny, because out of all four of the books that are featured in this section, I’m only kind of excited about one of them. I guess I’m not really up to date in terms of what’s highly anticipated in the bookish community!
- The Sun & Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Mass
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer
No Filter is a new table that will be up at a few Chapters/Indigo locations that feature books that have no filter, that are unafraid to speak their minds.
- Love Her Wild by Atticus Poetry
- Depression & Other Magic Tricks by Sabrina Benaim
- Lighter Than My Shadow by Katie Green | My Review!
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Great Books For YA Explorers
These are books that don’t fall into the Young Adult shelves, but that young adults would definitely love!
Great Graphic Novels & Manga
Comics, Graphic Novels & Manga are some of my favourite things to read. They make great palette cleansers when you aren’t ready to jump into a new full book right away!
Great New Contemporary
Contemporary is probably my favourite genre, especially contemporaries that have a slightly darker and more serious feel to them. There seems to be a lot that fits this genre coming out this fall!
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
- They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera
- Release by Patrick Ness
- A Short History of the Girl Next Door by Jared Reck
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
Great New Mysteries & Thrillers
Another favourite genre of mine! I absolutely cannot wait to pick up both of these thrillers!
Great New Fantasy
Now, Fantasy isn’t really the genre for me. I tend to struggle with it quite a lot, but I really do want to give it more of a chance! Both of these titles sound like a great way to get me into the genre!
Great New Science Fiction
I used to have the same issue with Science Fiction that I have with Fantasy…but then I gave it more of a shot and now I love the genre! Here are 5 sci-fi titles that I’m very excited for!
- Artemis by Andy Weir
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Otherworld by Jason Segel & Kirsten Miller
- Nyxia by Scott Reintgen
- Satellite by Nick Lake
Great New Paranormal & Dystopia
These genres are ones that I used to love, but are slowly dying out for me. However, these titles seem like the could potentially reignite these genres for me!
- All The Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater
- Siege Of Shadows by Sarah Raughley
- That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E.K. Johnston
Under The Radar
These are books that not a lot of people have been talking about just yet, but will probably gain some buzz in the near future!
- The Agony of Bun O’Keefe by Heather Smith
- Runebinder by Alex R. Kahler
- The Mosaic by Nina Berkhout
- The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed
Here are the fabulous ARCs I walked away with at the end of the event! I’m super excited to read these great titles!
There you have it! A quick little wrap up of my evening at Indigo Books & Music at their YA Fall Preview! What books are you the most excited about that will be released this fall?!
Thank you for reading!