Hey guys! So I’ve decided to start sharing my reviews of backlist titles again, but as mini reviews instead! Stay tuned because a lot more are coming your way soon! For now, here are some mini reviews for Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel and American Gods by Neil Gaiman!
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Here are some of my thoughts while listening to the audiobook:
• I’m not sure how I feel about how the treatment used in the audiobook to depict Juliette’s inner monologue.
• As of right now, I like Adam and I do not like Warner…however, I feel like there’s more that I don’t know yet
• Prediction: Juliette can only touch those who love her? Or those who are not afraid of her?
• So this is definitely going to turn into a love triangle…I hate love triangles.
• The ending has left me intrigued and I do really want to learn more about the others that also have these special abilities
• An interesting take on a dystopian world that I probably would have enjoyed a lot more if I had read this novel maybe 5-6 years ago
Overall, I do want to continue reading the series, but I’m really not about any potential love triangles which are just bound to happen at this point.
Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
Well, that was extremely fast paced! This story was filled with non-stop action from start to finish. There was something happening on literally every single page! At times though, it did feel a little TOO fast paced. There were a few time jumps thrown in here and there between chapters and I had to stop and figure out how much time had passed and what I had missed since then.
The ending though. At first I was confused and then I was like “shiiiieeettt, I need book two now please!” So yeah, the ending was fantastic and I’m so glad book two has already been released as I’m not sure how I would have dealt with that cliffhanger.
I had this book sitting on my shelf for a while now and I’m really glad I was finally able to pick it up!
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
1. I’m not really sure how I just read over 600 pages.
2. I’m not sure how I read that many pages and still feel so confused?
3. When people ask me what this book is about, I’m not sure I know if I’ll be able to answer.
4 .The writing was great, and I was obviously compelled enough to finish it, but…
6. Still gonna watch the show though because Jonathan Tucker.
There you have it, the first instalment of some mini-reviews for some older titles I have read recently! Stay tuned for more coming your way soon!